The following are eligible for inclusion:
- Certified/Registered/Professional Kinesiologist
- Kinesiology students/interns working under the direct supervision of a Member
- Retired Members
- Legal heirs/trustees
Insurance Program Highlights:
The RFP process completed by PROLINK was successful as it garnered improvements to what was already an excellent member program. The key highlights of the program are shared below:
- Lower premium rates for Professional Liability / Errors & Omissions (“E&O”) and CGL (should the current insured pool be maintained or grown).
- Complete bilingual (English and French) online service delivery.
- Broadest E&O Liability Coverage:
- Customized E&O policy specifically designed for the CKA/ACK.
Coverage features include:
- Limits of liability ranging from $1M to $5M;
- Duty to defend to protect you against actual or alleged claims;
- Covers monetary and non-monetary claims including legal defense costs;
- Full Prior Acts coverage (no retro-active date)
If there are any questions regarding the PLI please contact your provincial association, the CKA/ACK or LMS Prolink (800) 663-6828 or www.lms.ca/cka
3 Additional Programs for added value on a volunteer basis:
As part of the 2017 request for proposals (RFP) process, PROLINK also developed three additional insurance program products that can be purchased by CKA/ACK members on a volunteer basis. This section is intended to provide a high-level overview on the three products available:
Personal Pension Plan:
Self-employed professionals do not have access to a corporate pension plan. Members may have a spouse participating in a pension plan; however, retirement planning by one member of a household is no longer adequate. LMS PROLINK has partnered with Great-West Life (“GWL”) to create an Association Pension Plan that can be offered to members of CKA/ACK without requiring CKA/ACK to become the plan sponsor.
Group Health and Dental Benefits and Life Insurance:
PROLINK developed a Group Benefits program by pooling together members from our different Professional Association liability programs in order to help our Association clients deliver the best possible value to their members. PROLINK understands that our members have unique family circumstances, budgets and coverage requirements. The PROLINK Program is completely flexible and is customized for our members.
Travel Health Insurance:
PROLINK developed a Travel insurance program with Manulife after completing an extensive marketplace review and analysis. Manulife offered the most competitive rates for a comprehensive policy. Members should always consider purchasing travel medical insurance when they are traveling outside of their province.
Submitted by the Canadian Kinesiology Alliance/ Alliance Canadienne de Kinésiologie