Note: Times indicated here are not accurate as McKenzie Institute has only provided the course dates at this point.
An introduction to the concepts and applications of the McKenzie Method® of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy® (MDT) focusing on the lumbar spine. Principle format is lecture, discussion and live patient demonstrations.
Course Outline includes:
- Epidemiology and predisposing factors
- Chemical vs. mechanical pain
- Examination and treatment: postural, dysfunction and derangement syndromes
- Anatomy and biomechanics: the intervertebral disc
- Prophylaxis and contraindications
- Patient demonstration, analysis and discussion